Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Notes on the State Of The Union

Special thanks to Biggus Rickus over at The Thoughts of Biggus Rickus Blog for joining our commentary.



Matthew
it was a decent speech overall. nothing spectacular nor bad
Biggus
I can't believe you watched it all.

Matthew
It was not my intention, but at the end I was like, "damn, I watched it all"
I'm a political nerd
Bush was conciliatory at the beginning and made a minor deal of the Pelosi first woman speaker thing, congrats to the dems, called them the "democrat congressional majority" continuing that childish parroting of Limbaugh. There was none of the histrionics of the last few years from the audience but nobody sat on their hands either.
He gave his same terrorism stump speech but not the doom and brimstone of previous years
Nothing on New Orleans, and promised to cut gas consumption by 20% in 10 years.
Biggus
Why would there be something on New Orleans?

Matthew
it's a major American city still half in ruins
The Sugar Bowl is played there
Biggus
Half in ruins is a bit much.

Matthew
I don't want to have a Katrina discussion but it would have made good politics if anything else
Cheney and Bush drank a glass of water as if they were synchronized swimming too
Biggus
You mentioned.

Matthew
I think that proves it's actually Cheneny's voice through a cia mike
Biggus
I think you pay far too close attention to minutiae.

Matthew
that's what they saw from behind in that debate
under his jacket
maybe I do
I love watching the dueling of the networks thought. Right afterward CNN had Barak Obama, I flipped to Foxnews and they had some ex-mayor of some city. I think his name is Guiliani.
Right as the speech ended, the back camera caught John Kerry sprinting out like the media whore he is.
Biggus
I would be a media whore, but they refuse to pay me, and I refuse to just be a media slut.

No comments: