Sunday, February 04, 2007

On McCain and Edwards

I posted the critical piece earlier on McCain because I have to admit I still carry a grudge for. He portrays himself as a maverick, and he is nothing of the sort. I was ready to vote for him in the 2000 primaries had Bush not ended it before hand. But I have to say I was struck from the other side as well. I just watched a clip from Meet The Press with John Edwards. He has done what appears to be a brave thing in admitting that he feels his Iraq War vote in the Senate was a mistake. As if he was some kind of passive voice in the war movement in late 2002. Tim played a clip of him and make no mistake about it the war was the best thing we could do and he almost looked ready to go into combat himself. It seems to me his only explanation is weakness. Either he was too weak to stand up or too weak to stick with it. He still just impresses me as a face, although I did go to see him speak during the 2004 election at Metro Park and he seems like a really good guy. I just cant expect a man with six years in the Senate would be able to be leader of the free world. I think that gives me equal time.

No comments: