Thursday, March 08, 2007

Dear Diary

I was mindlessly looking through youtube and I have noticed on several video sharing services of this one vexed young teenage boy. He seems violently bi-polar, dresses somewhere between Gothic prince and college basketball coach from the mid-seventies, and apparently pretty popular on the net. I noticed he had posted a new video, and mentioned that some had left nasty comments. I did not look at them, but I'm sure there are nasty ones there. What drives people to comment on such sad material. The one side effect of this video generation on the net is that every awkward terrible moment seems on the internet for all the world to see. But are these people just the next generation of those who would go into public bathrooms with pens to engage in literary battle with those others who preceded them in that noxious space? These are the people who fill mid-day talk show audiences. Not that I have any love for this kid whoever he is. He looks fucking bat-shit.

No comments: